At its annual meeting on October 10, 2010, the Board of Directors updated the strategic planning goals with the purpose of aligning all the Foundation's activities, structures, and resources with its mission. These goals will serve as an operational guide for the Board and the Executive Director over the next five years.
- To evaluate all the Foundation's current assets and formulate a strategic plan of stewardship to ensure financial sustainability
- To increase the stream of funding for operations and programming through direct solicitation of individuals, businesses and business associations, foundations, government agencies at all levels, and the Mary Flannery O'Connor Charitable Trust and by pursuing funding for capital projects through public and private sources
- To review the Capital Master Plan by Lord, Aeck, & Sargent and continue revising priorities based on current condition of the structures and the potential for capital funding
- To evaluate regularly governance needs of the Foundation including an analysis, updated annually, of the skill sets and experience ideally present in directors and to recruit ongoing board membership accordingly
- To develop the Scholars Council authorized by the Board to expand discussion of and general readership for the works of Flannery O'Connor beyond the current reach of the Foundation
- To create and fund a marketing plan that devotes additional resources to advertising, print and electronic marketing materials, and promotion of Andalusia