The Milledgeville Chapter of the Watson-Brown Foundation Junior Board of Trustees has awarded $33,000 in grants to historic landmarks throughout central Georgia. The board functions as part of the educational programming at the Old Governor’s Mansion, a unit of Georgia College’s Academic Affairs Division.
Grants awarded by the 2013-2014 board:
• $1,000 to the Friends of the Cannonball House for preservation and acquisition of the Postel family papers.
• $4,515 to the Washington County Historical Society for the restoration and proper framing of the original family portraits of William and Mariah Brown.
• $7,000 to the Georgia 4-H Foundation for landscape restoration and reproduction of fencing at the Irby Hudson Scott Pioneer Site at Rock Eagle.
• $11,323 to the Flannery O’Connor-Andalusia Foundation Inc. for restoration of the equipment shed at Andalusia.
• $5,162 to the Hay House, Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation for the purchase of exhibit cases for the display of decorative arts, family documents and architectural elements.
• $4,000 to the Historic Macon Foundation for the development and publication of a historic Preservation Handbook for Homeowner. Read more…